Thursday, June 28, 2007

Paris-City of odd men making forward advances

"I am crazy to dance!"--odd French man trying to hit on my outside the Notre Dame

"Oh la la."--little French girl in the Picasso museum (I kid you not!)

"You must be a bit of a nerd then, aren't you?"--Bhupindar, about my being so young and a professor

Two terribly racist jokes told me to me (completely unsolicited) during a drunken night in our hostel by an Indian-Canadian man:

"Did you know that the German people recently invented a car that can seat 100 people? One in the front, one in the back, and 98 in the ashtray."

"What's the difference between pizza and a black man? Pizza can feed 4 people."
And the, to placate the room full of us, who were horrified and groaning, he said, "That's not because they don't _want_ to but because they're lazy."

"That's not rice."--Bhupindar (the Indian-Canadian) to Sean, an American, who was trying to make himself a rice-based dinner

No comments: